The first time on two wheels
The woom 1 introduces children to the fun world of cycling. The balance bike is designed to enable toddlers to easily hop on and roll away. Even if a child has only just started to walk, the woom 1 helps them to gain confidence and a sense of balance on two wheels.
- Size: 12″
- Weight: 3 kg / 6.61 lbs
- Age: 1.5 – 3.5 years
- Height: 82 – 100 cm
ORIGINAL / PLUS
Learning to operate a rear brake as early as possible makes it easier later on to use brakes on a pedal bike and can prevent accidents. Our specially designed brake lever is easy to pull with small hands and requires little strength to bring the bike to a safe halt. This, combined with the ergonomically designed grips, make the process of stopping child's play.
The superlight aluminium frame is the heart of the balance bike and ensures a fun and safe riding experience. Its geometry has been specifically designed for toddlers, with a low entry making it easy for even the youngest of riders to hop on and roll away. Thanks to the long seatpost and open seat tube the bike can be adjusted for a long time to fit your child as it grows.
The saddle is one of the most important points of contact between the child and the bike. It significantly affects the feeling when riding. That is why we have designed our saddle to fit the pelvis of young children and give them an upright riding position. These qualities make our saddle ideal for riding in all positions: standing, running or sitting.
woom steering limiter
The woom steering limiter is an important safety feature developed by us. It prevents the handlebars from overturning, helps children ride straight and therefore reduces the risk of accidents.
Our stem is the safe and lightweight connection between the handlebars and the headset. It has no protruding bolts for children to hit their knees on, making it truly “knee-friendly”.
Tyres have a major influence on how a bike rides. That is why for the woom 1 we have chosen high-quality, lightweight and grippy tyres with low rolling resistance. This ensures that children roll smoothly along while maintaining good grip whatever the terrain – tarmac, gravel or dirt. The reflective stripe on the side of the tyres ensures good visibility even in low-light conditions.
To roll smoothly and quickly, a balance bike needs good wheels. And that is exactly what we have given our bikes. It is their individual components that make the woom wheels so unique: from the smooth-rolling hubs to the high-quality stainless spokes and our exclusive SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS rims.
All components that have been specifically designed with safety in mind bear the KIDSAFE PLUS seal.
“Just starting to walk – and already gliding! Balance bikes are a great first step on the way to riding a pedal bike.”
- Frame material: light, high-quality AA 6061 aluminium
- Beginner geometry with 12″ wheels and easy handling: very low entry and very low sitting position, long wheelbase and forgiving steering geometry to provide good balance and more riding fun
- Maximum saddle height adjustability thanks to the open seatpost design
- Ultralight SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS aluminium rims
- Small aluminium hubs with narrow axles for plenty of legroom
- Sealed bearings
- Installation and removal with 5 mm hex key
- 16 stainless steel spokes, straight-laced
- Light unicrown fork made out of aluminium
- 1″ shaft
- Generous trail angle for easy handling
- 12 x 1.35″ Schwalbe G-One Speed
- High-quality, very light tyres for low rolling resistance and maximum grip
- Car-type valves for easy filling at any service station
- Reflective stripes on the sides of the tyres for optimal visibility even in low-light conditions
- Fully-integrated 1″ headset
- Sealed industrial bearings
- Integrated ahead clamp
- To stabilise steering and prevent overturning and falls, a small rubber ring is attached to the fork and frame which helps the child ride in a straight line.
- Superlight stem made out of forged aluminium
- 40 mm / +15°
- “Knee-friendly”: no protruding bolts thanks to the integrated handlebar clamp design
- Handlebars attached to stem with 5 mm hex bolt
- Ergonomically designed to fit children's pelvis
- Side protection to lean against walls
- Wide, ergonomically adapted and light aluminium bars for more control
- Sandblasted and black anodised
- 19 mm diameter grip, suitable even for very small hands
- Width: 430 mm
- Anodised aluminium
- Safety plug at the bottom
- woom Ergogrip – the smallest grip of its kind
- Ergonomically formed gripping surface, non-toxic
- Handlebar ends with extra large diameter for greater protection
- Screw-in handles for solid grip
- Made from aluminium
- No risk of turning and/or twisting
- Mini V-brake with braking power adapted for children
- Ergonomically adapted brake lever with reach adjustability, also suitable to fit very small hands
- Soft brake pads for efficient braking that requires little effort
- High-quality Jagwire cables for reduced friction and smooth performance
- 1 x 5 mm hex key for hubs, stem and seatpost clamp
- 86 cm x 49 cm x 15 cm
- woom red, sky blue, woom green, purple haze, sunny yellow
- 3 kg / 6.61 lbs
- 50 kg (110 lbs)
This is how we deliver your bike —
5 min., ready, go!
bikes grow with you
Children grow up fast. Still, we want your child to always have the right size bike – and we think this should be affordable for everyone. That's why we have launched the upCYCLING system.
- Exchange your old woom bike and receive a 40% discount when buying the next size up.
- Lifetime upCYCLING membership (you only pay once).
- The bike must be roadworthy.
- We'll organise return shipping of your old bike at no cost.
Affordable shipping costs
We offer shipping throughout the EU for €10. If you only order accessories, shipping costs €5.
We ship within 24 hours of payment being received. Shipments in the EU will be delivered to your door within 1-5 working days.
30 day money-back guarantee
Give your child enough time to test the bike. You can return any bike within 30 days and we'll cover all of the shipping costs.
Unpack and setup
With just a few easy steps your bike will be ready to ride. Check out our videos for tips on setting up your bike.
We guarantee personal support when you buy a bike – satisfaction guaranteed!
Protecting the environment
We are partners of the Austrian "klimaaktiv mobil" initiative and are committed to protecting the environment and using resources efficiently.